Capturing the “Perfect” Christmas Card Photo

Capturing the perfect Christmas card photo is on a lot of folks “to do” list and it was on mind until I decided to let the girls take control. In the past we’ve sent out a Family newsletter but now thanks to Facebook and the fact that we live on the east coast (Texas & Alaska previously)  and see our family more often, I opted for a simple picture card. Plus I’d gotten some on clearance during last year’s after holidays sales! **I HEART SALES** 

455456457454455458

459

460

This is the photo they chose to go on the Christmas Cards this year! Yeah, I know most often people want a “perfect” photo with everyone dressed and sitting pretty. But they  begged for a goofy, silly, funny photo and I had too much fun shooting them. I’ve learned that if I let them just be themselves and pose at will I get much better cooperation and at least one “perfect” shot.

461

This one was a close 2nd.

462

 

463

464

465

466

467

468

469

470

471

472

473

474

Here’s the “perfect” one I would have chosen. They said it’s too BORING!475

477

So with all of that I’m glad my girls chose the silly photo. You never know one the receivers may be having a bad day only to open the card and have a good giggle to lift their spirits a little.

Happy Holidays!!!

Yawl come back now-ya here!

Pin It

3 comments:

Angie said...

Super Cute Photos! I created my button and I cannot remember what website I used! Let me go through my bookmarks and see if I can jog my memory! Check out www.kevinandamanda.com I think I got the idea from her page! plus she has super cute stuff!

Angie said...

Hey! I had not heard of mom bloggers club before. I signed up, but waiting for approval!

Veronica Lee said...

Those pics are seriously CUTE!

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
Have a nice day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails