Camping for Dummies

A couple of weekends ago I, along with my Co-leader took our troop on an overnight training called-Camping for Dummies. Where I earned my camp certification and the girl’s learned camping skills and safety.

IMG_8916

Opening Ceremonies

IMG_8939

The Munchkin really enjoyed outdoor cooking

IMG_8942

She really took to starting the camp fires and keeping it going! (less work for me)

IMG_8970

Troop 2709

IMG_8979

Our fearless leaders a Mom and Daughter team.

 

IMG_9018

We learned to tie 3 different types of knots.This one is a square knot.

 

IMG_9041

A little hike! During which we saw a couple of Eagles and Deer.

IMG_9046

Bell Manor @ Camp Conowingo

Camp Conowingo is 600 acres of forest and fields adjacent to the Susquehanna River in Conowingo, Maryland and is the home of Bell Manor, a historic Victorian home from the 1860’s. Camp Conowingo is the home of Girl Scouts of Central Maryland’s summer Resident Camp program.

IMG_9050

The view in front of Bell Manor

Tah Dah!!!! We used the Box Oven that I posted about a couple of weeks ago to make brownies for dinner and then again in the morning to make biscuits! It worked GREAT!IMG_9061

First we had to get the coals hot, we accomplished this by using a #10 can or empty paint can with holes at the bottom. Fill with newspaper and coals. It took about 20 minutes for the coals to be ready.

IMG_9072

The cans are the oven rack

IMG_9137IMG_9073

IMG_9074

Lower the box and use a stick to vent

IMG_9099

IMG_9106

IMG_9140

Omelets in a bag!

IMG_9145IMG_9159

Pin It

1 comment:

Tamika said...

You are just a regular survivorwoman! That is what I miss about working with the older girls, they have a better appreciation for camping, but Omletes in a bag IffY? I don't know if I could be down with that but I guess if you are hungry.............

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails