**Deep Fried OREOS**

This past summer my family and I went to a Renaissance Festival and at this festival I experienced DEEP FRIED OREOS! I’d never knew such a delicacy existed! They made them to order HOT and fresh sprinkled with powdered sugar!  I kept saying I was going to give it a try but I thought they’d be too difficult to make at home- NOT. You need five ingredients (well 6 if you count the water needed to make the pancake batter)
IMG_9451

I googled “fried Oreo recipe” and found this recipe at Allfoods.com one of the reviewers suggested just using pancake batter! Hey I’m all for quick and easy.
IMG_9453

I poured vegetable oil in sauce pan and heated until it was around 350 degrees. Takes about 10-15 minutes.
IMG_9456
IMG_9455

Dip the Oreos in the pancake batter
IMG_9457

IMG_9458

I got this egg separator from my days as a Pampered Chef consultant, I’ve only ever used it to separate eggs-look what else it can do!
IMG_9461

YUMMY!!! The cookie becomes soft and the icing in the middle melts a little and I love the little bit of crunch from the pancake! I thought about trying fried marshmallow’s-Maybe next time.
IMG_9462
I made whole bag of Oreo’s and shared with two neighbors and a coworker.
Pin It

2 comments:

Tina said...

If I was an Oreo lover...these would be delish!!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Oh my yum! It's like a little donut over an oreo! Fabulous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails