Enchiladas ::Reicpe::

Before learning to make Enchilada's the right way, I thought the kind you make from the Old El Paso box kit were the BOMB! I was having a conversation with a friend and some of her family of whom are Mexican and can cook their faces off! Her Mom makes this potato salad-Oh eM Geee!
101_0109
 It's so good....ok ok back to enchiladas.....I explained to them how I made Enchiladas and they had a good laugh. The next day my neighbor bought over a plate of REAL enchiladas. Folks when I tell you it was an tastebud party going on in my mouth- no lie. She'd bought over enough for me to share w/ the Hubbs but for some reason when he got home from work I couldn't remember where I'd put it.  Darn kids musta got to it!  Needless to say, I have never bought another Old El Paso Box Kit!! I hounded and begged asked her for the recipe and of course it's one of those "I don't know the measurement" type of situations. I told her just gimme' the ingredients, basic instructions and I'll make it do what it do!
101_0102
Though I no longer buy the box kits the canned green enchilada sauce works great!101_0103
Fry your corn tortillas until brown, they will pucker and swell and that’s okay.101_0104
First put down a layer of tortillas. I always make them in my Pampered Chef Rectangle Baker
 It’s AWESOME!
101_0106
Layer of shredded chicken breast and on top of that, a layer of Muenster cheese.
You’ll do this twice.
So tortillas, chicken, cheese,onions, tortilla's, chicken, cheese....got it?
101_0107
For the top layer I put just a layer of tortilla’s and more cheese!
101_0111

101_0112

Ingredients:
3 Cans Green Enchilada sauce (small cans or 2 large ones)
2 packs of Chicken Breast or any type of chicken meat (I guess about 3 - 3.5 lbs)
1 1/2 pound Muenster Cheese or 2 precut packages
1 small/med onion
18 corn tortillas
Cooking Oil
Sour Cream (optional)
Directions:
Put chicken in a pot with LOTS of seasoning and enough water to boil the chicken. Cook until completely done.
Fry tortilla's until they are brown on both sides your pan till browned on both sides.
Saute Onion
Using two forks shred all of the chicken
Pour all of your enchilada sauce into a large shallow bowl
Dip your tortilla's in the sauce and layer
I add my onions to the middle layer or you can mix it with the chicken throughout
Once your done layering cover with aluminum foil and bake at about 350 degrees for around 20-25 minutes.

Linked up to remodelholic
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails