Slumber Party-Hollywood Style

IMG_8682 (683x1024)
This past Saturday 2/19 my Munchkin turned 11 years old! I’m still trying to wrap my head around that. We started planning her party back in December. She decided she wanted a slumber party with a celebrity/super star theme. So I told her to go research and bring me her ideas. WOW! She came back with a 6 page written plan for her party that included: game ideas, food ideas , diagrams, invitation & goody bag illustrations, and websites for decorations…she had it all planned out!
IMG_8688 (683x1024)IMG_8692
She chose Silver,Black, and Gold for the colors after finding these decorations at Partycity.com
IMG_8699 (683x1024)
She’d done a Google search to get ideas on how to set up for the party and found these "Popcorn" cupcakes. Too cute, it’s not really Popcorn on top it’s mini marshmallows that you cut cross-wise and spray with yellow food coloring or Wilton  Color Mist in Yellow. IMG_8703 (1024x683)IMG_8701 (1024x683)
This cupcake wrapper was made with my new favorite Cricut Accessory – Make The Cut software. I LOVE MTC! I will probably never buy another cartridge again! I used Stickles to outline & fill in the stars and 11.
IMG_8691 (1024x683)
IMG_8695 (1024x683)
Guess what I used to make this super cute banner?
Right!
Make the cut! Really, this software is Ah-may-zing! If you have a cutting machine!IMG_8694 (1024x683)
Most of the decorations I got either on sale, with coupons or at the $1 store!
IMG_8705 (1024x683)IMG_8706
For the goody bags,I bought plain black paper sacks from Michael’s. I traced and cut out the star shape then glued cut pieces of page protectors inside the bag. I LOVE to embellish so I used a paper trimmer to make the loops on the top of the bag. Munchkin cut out little stars to glue on the outsides and the clapboard tags were made with……….YUP MTC! So was the clapboard on the balloon center piece and the front door.
IMG_8710IMG_8708 (683x1024)
The party was hit, the girls had a fun, there was pillow fighting, boy talk, movie watching, whip cream smearing, a hi fashion show and they designed their own T-shirts. They were 10 girls in all and they were all very well behaved.
The Pookie Doo has started planning her 7th birthday  with a Pinkalicious theme! Her Bday is in September so this is going to be FUN! My orders were, “Mommy, EVERYTHING has to just be PINK!”
Pinkalicious-Birthday-Party
*Sigh* I love planning parties!
Pin It

8 comments:

lovemypaper said...

WOW you rock this party!I'm a new follower.

Tamika said...

OMG that party had to be a blast! I feel like a celebrity that didn't get my VIP status!

Tell her Best wishes & many more!

Stephanie said...

You did a great job--I'm sure she loved it!

Ericka said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Please help me plan my baby girl's fourth party!!!!! Of course everything must be PINK!!! ABSOLUTELY STAR STUDDED!!!!

Tamika said...

Wow Iffy!!!!! You did the darn thing. I love all of the decorations and you know I am stuck on the popcorn cupcakes! Did you cut her Intial out yourself too? You are so extra creative, I know you really inspire the girls and you have created a memory that will last a lifetime!

MichelleMyBelle said...

Iffy, wonderful job. I bet the girls had a great time.

Stacy'Sweets said...

I love this party!! What a great job you did! Would you mind if I linked your party to my popcorn cupcake post? Just so others can see the options? I love it!!

mackyton said...

This Hollywood style slumber party is awesome. Loved your all ideas for arrangements. You really made everything amazing here. I am planning to throw a surprise birthday party to my niece. Going to book one of Seattle venues for the day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails